1. Today is my 26th birthday. (Also referred to as the day I lose my parents health insurance...womp womp!)
2. I have a BA in Psychology from the University of Tennessee. Go Vols!
3. Even though I graduated from the University of Tennessee, that isn't where my college journey began. I started at the University of Arizona in Tucson then transferred to the University of Tennessee to be closer to my family. Cancer happened so I moved back in with my parents and attended East Tennessee State University for a year. Once my cancer treatment was over, I went back to the University of Tennessee. Oh, and there was a healthy sprinkling of community college classes thrown in the mix. All that and I only graduated a semester late! *golf claps*
4. In a past life I worked as an in-home counselor to families with children who have emotional or behavioral disturbances/mental illness. As much as I loved that, I'm now working my dream job!
5. Growing up I played soccer. It was a big part of my life until I got to college, at which point I simply played for fun on our school's club team.
6. Shorts? I do NOT like how I look in shorts. Unless you see me exercising, shorts are highly unlikely and really don't even exist in my closet.
7. I've lived in eight different states so far. New Jersey, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia and now Alaska!
8. During my junior year of high school I was in a pretty serious car accident resulting in a concussion, broken bones, surgery and nerve damage.
9. I wore a size 7.5 shoe until I had kids. Now I'm a solid size 8.
10. My favorite type of music is country, although it wouldn't be rare to hear rap coming from my iTunes...(Kyle and I shared our taste in music when we started dating. He was all rap and I was all country.)
11. I'm seriously right handed. Like, can't even brush my teeth using my left hand--it's not pretty.
12. One day I would love to have dreadlocks. Maybe I will have to throw that in the mix as a grandma to keep my cool. Yes?
13. I have one tattoo so far. It is on my left rib cage and was designed by my friend Brittany after my very first pity purchase. It's shaped like the ring my parents gave me and includes the black melanoma ribbon and my MD Anderson patient ID number.
14. School was never my thing. It wasn't something I truly enjoyed, however I LOVE to learn. Next on my list is a legit photography class!
15. Diet Coke NOT Diet Pepsi. If only Diet Pepsi is available, I'll take water or Iced Tea.
16. I crave change. Whether its rearranging furniture or a big move, I find change to be completely rejuvenating.
17. I take my coffee with two creams and two sugars. How do you take yours?
18. My big toes are massive. Like, huge. HUGE.
19. I'm a knuckle popper and scab picker.
20. For as long as I can remember, I imagined myself having a bunch of kids. I kind of like chaos. ;)
21. Things that really get on my nerves :
- People with a sense of entitlement.
- An unwillingness to exercise judgement. The world is not always black & white. Think!
22. While I'm certainly not shy, I definitely would identify myself as an introvert.
23. I really enjoy driving. Long road trips or just quick escapes from the house, I find driving to be relaxing and fun.
24. Cold weather over hot weather any day of the week! Being hot seems to make me instantly irritable. I always say, you can only get so naked but you can always add layers. Cold weather for the win!
25. For a fairly recent purchase, it's crazy that it's already my favorite lipstick EVER! Well, so far. ;) (shade = pink plaid)
26. Lastly, but possibly the most telling...my first purchase of my 26th year of life was a pricey skin care regime. Hehehe! Apparently my dad's wrinkly, saggy skin type seems to have been passed to me. Gee, thanks old man! ;)
And that about does it! I hope you are having a great day so far!