Anyway, because August is nearly over, I figured it would be fun to share my thoughts on some beauty items i've tried out recently...
The good, the bad and the ugly--here it is!
1. Clinique "Cheek Pop" Blush || This particular shade is called "pansy pop" and is a cool toned, pale purple. The color of this blush is absolutely stunning and one I've been hunting for to add to my collection! I was surprised to notice that I just wasn't reaching for it. The reason for that is probably that you have to pile on so. much. product to get decent color payoff. Who has time for that?! So, great color, not so great formula/pigmentation.
2. CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous || I purchased this foundation after several of my favorite YouTubers recommended it. Its an oil free formula that claims to be suitable for sensitive skin and will last all day. My Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is just a touch too dark for me, so I figured I would purchase this in a lighter shade with the intention of mixing the two. I actually think I like how the CoverGirl foundation wears better than my Double Wear. I've found I'd rather warm this up with bronzer rather than dial back my Estee Lauder...For the price, I would definitely recommend giving this stuff a shot!
3. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength || I don't know about you, but when I read things like "all natural" or "organic" when it comes to beauty products I immediately think "well, that's not going to do anything." This peel has caused me to eat my words! I've been using it 3-4 times a week to jump start my night time skin care routine and it's been great! I get a pretty intense tingle going for the ten minutes its on and I'm left with a rejuvenated and fresh face!
4. StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask || So, StriVectin is a higher end brand name that usually packs a decent punch. (I love using their hand cream in the winter time!) This decently spendy face mask, claims to nourish, clarify and illuminate the complexion with alpha hydroxy acids and their patented NIA114 technology. Ehhh. At best this mask is hydrating as I did notice my face was slightly more plump after each use. More even complexion? No. Brighter tone? Nope. It feels nice on the skin and certainly didn't hurt anything, but probably not worth the money in my opinion.
5. Tweezerman Izaac Mizrahi Splatter Paint Slant Tweezer || I've said it before and I'll say it again, not all tweezers are created equal! For as long as I can remember I've kept tweezers in both my car and my bathroom. (The car offers the best lighting so I like to go to town on my brows when I'm waiting on a sleeping baby or two to finish their car naps.) Anyway, ever since I've stopped getting my brows waxed, I've had to up my tweezing game so I splurged on these tweezers. GAME. CHANGER. I get completely frustrated using any of my other tweezers now, so these pretty much just live in my purse so I have them with me at all times. They grab the tiniest of hairs and pull them out like butter! Worth every penny.
6. MAC Lip Pencil || The shade "edge to edge" is damn near perfect as far as the your lips but better shades go. This color leans more pink instead of nude, which I happen to prefer on my skin tone for day to day use. If I put this on in the morning, I find I barely need to touch up through the day because its so long wearing! Even when there is little to no product left on my lips there remains a nice, natural pink-y stain. Good stuff!
7. Dior "Addict" Lip Maximizer || You know those products you "sample" EVERY time you shop in store but don't purchase? Yeah...this was one of those for me. One day I caught myself planning a trip to Nordstrom for no reason other than to get my hands on this tester--that's where I drew the line. It was time to just buy the damn thing! (HA!) Now I use this stuff all day everyday; I'm obsessed! I've owned Dior's Creme de Rose in the past and there is no comparison. The Lip Maximizer is better in every way, from it's packaging to the formulation. Oh! Last thing, don't be intimidated by the "plumping effect" of this product. It is so so gentle doesn't cause that intense prickling sensation that a lot of other plumper do. I'm not down with that either...
8. DermaRoller || Have you heard of these things? Dozens of tiny needles that you roll all over your clean face before you apply any serums or treatments. Sounds insane, right? Well I certainly thought so! I started reading more about them when I noticed that the Rodan & Fields sells a dermaroller type as an amplifier to the skincare regimen I've been using. Color me intrigued. So I headed to the land of beauty research, YouTube, and discovered that people seriously dig these things! The final straw was having a friend, who is also using Rodan & Fields tell me how much of a difference she thinks her dermaroller makes. THAT DAY Eleventh Avenue had the .25mm on sale for like $6 so I snagged it right up! I've been using this for about a month now and have to agree with all the hype; it transforms your skincare! I can actually feel my products at work and see the results. Huge fan!
What beauty products have you tried lately?
What beauty products have you tried lately?
Disclosure : I received the StriVectin Revitalizing mask free of charge. My review was not required. As always, all opinions are honest and my own