I'm here to admit that I was wrong. (Go ahead Dad... I'll give you a minute to bask in reading that phrase.) Over this past year, on more occasions than I care to admit, I've lost track of my age. Wait, am I turning 26 or am I already 26? It's bad. And I'm not alone--Kyle's been doing it too! "Amanda, how old am I? 25 or 26?" I don't know whether to blame it on the kids and the exhaustion that comes with them or if I just need to accept my reality...I've become my parents!
Anyway, let's hope I can still at least count to 27 for the sake of this post...
27 Totally Random Things About Me
1. I have three younger sisters and don't do anything to dispel The Birth Order Effect. Oldest child through and through...
2. Throughout my childhood I played at least one sport a season, but was the most passionate about/dedicated to soccer. It was a huge part of my life until I got to college, at which point I started simply playing the game for fun.
3. During my soccer career I had two knee injuries that ultimately required surgery.
5. Having just moved from Alaska to Arizona, I can say with 100% certainty that I would rather be cold than hot any day of the week! I stand by my saying that "when you're cold, you can always add more layers, but when it's hot, you can only get so naked." #truth!
6. I graduated from The University of Tennessee with a degree in Psychology. Go Vols!
7. In a past life, I used that psych degree for something more than winning arguments with my husband and diagnosing my children (HA!)--I worked as an in-home counselor to families with children who have emotional or behavioral disturbances/mental illness.
8. I enjoy the art of arguing. This is arguably (hehe) Kyle's least favorite trait of mine. I've been known to argue about things just for arguments' sake, which is apparently quite annoying...
9. I'm a shopper, but not necessarily a buyer. Aimlessly wandering the mall without a plan or ever even making a single purchase is a-ok with me!
10. People watching is my shit!
11. My usual Starbucks order is either a grande dirty chai or peppermint americano and I ALWAYS get a venti ice water with it. If I'm paying that much for my damn caffeine...
12. I prefer savory to sweet foods. If given the choice between a steak or a cupcake; I'll choose the steak every time.
13. My math skills max out at about 5th grade. Anything beyond basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division...I'm out! It's quite sad really.
14. We had a pretty small wedding--only about 40 people in total.
15. When I sing the music has to be loud enough to drown out the sound of my voice or I just can't deal. Terrible doesn't begin to describe the noise that is my singing voice...
16. My "signature scent" is Si by Giorgio Armani. I wear it every single day, even if I wear something else, there is always at least a spritz of this stuff on my bod.
17. I HATE the general unwillingness of society to exercise judgement. We blindly follow "rules" and create policies simply because people don't want to actually think.
18. While I'm not a shy person, I definitely consider myself an introvert.
19. Apart from my family and doctors, I owe a lot of credit to my dog Schatzi for getting me through my cancer treatment.
20. Diet Coke NOT Diet Pepsi. If only Diet Pepsi is available, I'll take water or Iced Tea.
21. When I got married, I didn't drop any of my given names--just slapped my husbands' last name on the end and called it good.
22. Beer over wine. Currently, my favorite beer is Stella Artois, but historically I gravitate towards cheap college beers. ;)
23. Eventually, I'd love to own a little cabin in the middle of nowheresville Alaska (or maybe Montana...)
24. I don't really like watching movies. Once upon a time I guess I enjoyed them, but now I find anything longer than an hour tough to sit through. #ADDmuch?
25. I need alone time to not go completely bat shit--even if it's just a 15 minute drive around the neighborhood in complete silence.
26. My feet are wide and my big toes are massive. No future as a foot model. ;)
27. I only have one tattoo but have a couple more ideas brewing...
Full disclosure :: I stole several of these factoids from last years' post because I'm just not interesting enough to come up with 27 entirely NEW things.